Painting of the Murdoch McIver House, a Glen Valley residence at 8285-252nd St. Oil on Canvas, created in 2008. Murdoch McIver (sometimes Murdock, or McIvor) came to Langley and settled on this East Langley property in 1876. He later headed to Sherbrooke, Quebec, to marry, and later returned to Langley with his bride Annie. McIver built this house for his wife between 1887 and 1890. The left the house in 1927 and relocated to Fort Langley, and the Edwin and Maude Kirk family moved into the house. They stayed until 1943. Barbara Boldt photographed this house in 1988 when it was occupied and maintained, and was inspired by the idyllic farm lands along the Fraser River in Langley's Glen Valley. When painted in 2008, the McIver home stood in the middle of a turf farm, and was uninhabited and in a state of disrepair.