Black and white photograph of East Langley one-room school, which was built in 1923. The school closed in 1937 and reopened in 1946. The image is of the school in winter 1949. It is a small, dark coloured building with a porch on the front and a line of eight windows on the side that is visible. There is a set of double front doors that are open and two small square windows on each side of the double doors. a small vented window is in the centre of the roof at the front, and there is a small chimney at the front of the roof. There is a shrub in the foreground to the left, and part of a fence in the foreground to the right. There is snow on the ground and the roof of the school.